Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Xmas Present Idea


For about 2 years now, I've been wanting to do a scrapbook album as a gift for my bf. Everywhere we go we take so many pictures so instead of just having them in a hardrive, why not do something crafty with them?
The project started around the end of november, because with working part time & school full time, it left me no room to procrastinate, so I had to have a plan mapped out to make it less stressful for me.
I began by putting my pictures in different folders, by organizing them in different events in Iphoto, then I would export the file right into snapfish or shutterfly. Those websites are heaven sent. Its so affordable and the turn around is very quick. The pictures are crystal clear as well. It takes about 4 to 6 days for the pictures to arrive so its no hassle at all.

After I do all that, I start sketching out some ideas, and collecting paper. Colored cardstock, patterned paper,ribbons, stamps
stickers, those types of things. Then little by little I start separating materials for each theme. I think that by being organized makes your whole life easier. the goal her is NOT to have stress remember? ScrapBooking is supposed to be fun. To me its actually relaxing because I can do what I want and not have to please anyone else but me.

However, while doing the scrapbook I have found that the material that is most expensive to me is Adhesive & glue. Ive been having a hard time trying to find one that works the best. I use so much of it that I wish that I could find something in a like a jumbo size, that's sticky and heavy enough that doesn't buckle. If anyone has an idea if what I could use please let me know.



Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

1 comment:

  1. omg why havent you written here anymore? Did you finish the album for your BF? It looks really good- ya'll always have such great pics together. About the whole glue thing- I usually stock up on good ole cheap glue sticks during back to school sales or the .99 cents stores. most of them are acid free- so they wont ruin your pictures and are really strong!

    ReplyDelete